But a week of being seen with 2 onstage performances, a rehearsal, and a silent film shoot means a black girl has got to do her hair. I'm currently under a hard pink dryer with large purple foam curlers in my hair, so as long as I'm stuck here...
Here's the meme, originated by Patrick at The Writing Life x3:
"Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It's not really bragging, it's an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you'd like to see share their strengths."
1. I'm bold. Totally willing to go THERE. If I'm really scared to write about something, if it makes me uncomfortable or nervous. Then I write about it anyway.
2. I'm a hell of a rewriter.
3. My writing has a lot of energy in it. Even when it's not fast-paced, it seems like it is.
4. I respect and embrace pop culture.
5. I have an abject fear of boring people (on paper), and this is why I think my writing is rarely boring.
OMG... 5 whole reasons without a word of self-deprecation. SO hard. As P.E. might say "Harder Than You Think." Had to rewrite several times. But luckily #2.
Nate B, Cybele, Nicole S, and Sincere -- this is me tagging you, suckas!