Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Salinger Impression - 6,500 words

CH is out of town again -- this time for the XBOX launch party in the desert.

Apparently, gamers are flying, driving, and being shipped in from all over the world to play new XBox for 30 hours straight. Even more surprisingly, there's actually a high demand to do this among people over 18, which is how old you have to be in order to get into this event.

I don't play video games due to an unfortunate decision on my mother's part. She had a choice between a RadioShack Tandy and an Atari or Nintendo, and she chose the Tandy "because it was more educational."

Needless to say, I suck at most video games today.

But I suppose it's for the best, since I don't really need anymore procrastination tools in my life.

Speaking of which, I've decided this is the week I'm going to turn this whole writing thing around. I was a little concerned at first, because I'm halfway through the month and have only written 6,500 out of 50,000 words but if I stick to a super-strict schedule of only sleeping, working, eating, and writing 2900 pages a day for the rest of month, I'll be fine...

Why are you laughing?

No comments: