Thursday, September 04, 2008

TV's Back In School PT. 2 - Bones and 90210

So I have mixed feelings about watching the 3rd season of Bones. On one hand it's not bad, but on the other it's not necessarily good. For instance, I played 3 games of Word Twist (my latest Facebook App Obsession) and started this blog during the season premiere without missing a beat. Also, I have a terrible track record of falling asleep about 15 minutes into episodes of this program when I don't have the web to distract me. In other words, it's no House.

But at least it's improving from season to season. I'd say that this series started out fairly mediocre, and now it's a little more than mediocre. So, progress. However, I'd trade it in for another season of Angel any day of the week.

Oh, and if you're a Torchwood fan, one of the chycks from the original team is in the season premiere which is set in London.

BT-dubs, I also tried to watch the new 90210 the other day, and it was pretty bad. Sooooo boring. Like even more boring than the season premiere of Gossip Girl, which I didn't even think was possible. Also, I just felt sorry for Tristan Wilds (aka The Adopted Black Kid), as I can't imagine going from meaty Wire scripts to this useless drivel -- not that I have anything against useless drivel (I mean I do watch America's Next Top Model). But if you're going to be useless, don't also be boring, that's just a waste of time.

However, Rob Thomas is the Executive Producer, and I miss Veronica Mars just enough to give him and the series a few more episodes before I give up on them. But it's definitely on the DVR Bubble.

Have I mentioned that I'm soooo happy that TV's back? Seriously, I'm not sure how I survived the summer. Thank God for Doctor Who.

One more thing, not sure if I've mentioned this, but Fierce And Nerdy is launching on Sunday, September 7th. That's only 3 days away. 3...

1 comment:

The Love Collective said...

Veronica Mars has promise. Love the blog.

http://boughettonews.blogspot.com/