Sunday, June 17, 2007

Once

Okay, "KNOCKED UP" wasn't showing at the Arclight yesterday, so CH and I decided to see "DAY WATCH" instead. Then we found out that movie is over 2 hours long -- which was a bit of a long haul for what had already been a busy Saturday, so we ended up opting for an indie that's been getting a lot of buzz: "ONCE."



I knew 2 things within 20 minutes of watching "ONCE":

1. This is my favorite movie of the year so far. And
2. I shouldn't have drunk all that water before the movie, because I had to go to the bathroom.

Anyway, even with the pit stop, the movie was AMAZING. It shows what you can do with a little scratch, if you have good writing, good story, and a novel way of telling it. I don't want to say too much about it, b/c there are a ton of lovely discoveries in this film. But I will say that it actually made me nostalgic for my starving artist days, and that I'm so HEARTing The Frames right now.

That's all.

No comments: