Sunday, June 22, 2008

Walker, Texas Ranger


Somehow, I haven't had the heart to point out to my Uncle Cornelious in my usual disdainful way that Chuck Norris was an avid supporter of the horrible, horrible Mike Huckabee's bid to be the Republican nominee. Or that there are like no black people in old Westerns. Or that it's Facebook -- not HotFace -- but FaceBook.

On the other hand, I adore Woody "I slept with and married my kind of adopted daughter" Allen. I watch and re-watch old Molly Ringwald films -- not a lot black people in those either. And after 6 years, I still refer to Wi-Fi as "magic" and our Airport Express as the "magic plug."

Anyway, this is all to say that I hope I'm a very happy, laidback, and generally awesome person like my Uncle Cornelious when I'm in my 70s*. And I wonder if this is something that just happens like winning the lotto, or something you have to decide on and work at when you're younger, the way we're encouraged to exercise and save towards retirement. Thoughts welcome.

And on a totally unrelated note, we're thinking of getting a basset hound. Apparently, there's a Basset Hound Rescue League out here, and CH and I think it may be time, due to reasons that I'm going to try to discuss on Monday, but if I don't manage to, ask me about it the next time you see me.

Until then, here's your moment of gen:


*My Uncle Cornelious really, really wants you to read my Correction blog. In fact he insists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the directors at Disney runs a Bassett hound rescue -- I wonder if its the same one. They slobber a lot.

Debra

Ernessa T. Carter said...

This one is in Acton. Is that him? Ew, slobber! Might have to do further cuteness vs. ick factor cost benefit analysis.