Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Is it sad that I actually want this?

Seriously feel free to gift me with one of these. Public Radio Listener For Life!!! -- unless they're having a pledge drive, in which case I change the channel like every other person on the planet. Dude, I would actually pay more than my usual KPCC yearly donation, just to have the option of NOT having to listen to otherwise awesome radio personalities beg me for money every 3 months.

It's kind of like when you're really good friend, starts taking those cult-like "self-improvement classes," and then she invites you along. Still the same friend, but dude, you don't want to join her cult and it makes you uncomfortable that she keeps on asking to come with her to a class, because she gets a free class if she brings someone along. Wouldn't it be cool, if you could say, "Listen, I'll give you $200 dollar towards your next 'self-improvement class' if you never bring it up or invite me to go to one again."

And in the same vein, imagine how much money your local public radio station(s) would make if they were somehow able to offer the option of paying them like 200 bucks in exchange for you NEVER having to hear a pledge drive for like a whole year. That's more than I currently give, but I'd take that offer, if that was the pay-off.

This is all to say, that I'm officially flaking out on blogging about CH's broken left shoulder and right finger for a couple of reasons:

a) I don't really have time to tell such an epic story. It's at least 2 -- maybe 3 chapters in the memoir I'm planning to write when I'm 80. And...

b) If you've talked to me since Monday, you already know all about it, and I don't want to repeat myself (for once).

Will try to put out a music blog tomorrow. The new (to us) Lykke Li is so beyond frickin' good, you deserve to hear me go on (and on) about it.

100% Love,

etc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell??! CH broke his shoulder and finger??!! Email please.

Anonymous said...

I don't think CH new you could be so rough in bed... I guess he knows now!