Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ice Princes and Princesses

PHOTO CREDIT: Inya

I don't know how the NYT does it, but almost every single week, they manage to find some character that I'd slap if I met them in real life -- and I'm a pacifist.

A couple of weeks ago, it was the Botox Bridezilla, and this week it's the Ice Snob. This is a person, who likes her or his ice a certain way and feels that it's perfectly acceptable to BYOI to a party.

I have never had anyone bring their own ice to a party, unless I called them in a rushed fever of festivity set up and asked that they do so. But if someone did show up with a container of ice, chipped or shaped just so, purely because they couldn't deal with regular ice, I would be like, "Bitch, you is crazy, and we are no longer friends. Get out my house." Even if they were a lifelong friend, I would say it just like that.

Anyway, get the full report on Ice Snobs here.

Though in a bit of a rant reversal, I must say that these Russian-designed tetris-shaped ice trays are beyond brilliant and would make a perfect housewarming present for your favorite Fierce Nerd, if they ever get around to actually marketing them. Oh Russia.

No comments: