Thursday, July 24, 2008

My New Hyperbolic Statement For The Week

I'm angry, I mean pissed-off, like Christian Bale at a family reunion. Bah-dum-dum.

Too soon?

BTW, I love that Sesame Street tapped Neil Patrick Harris, one of my favorite people right now, to play a shoe fairy -- that's funny, not offensive (I think). Still, I couldn't help but notice that while everyone else got cute and/or clever shoes, Maria, the Latina mom, was given "shoes that make you mop." Nice, Sesame Street. Watch the vid here.

Also, I wanted to give you an update on my Cheese Situation. Go here for the background on that one. I got lots of great advice concerning this terrible problem.

Here's the advice, I forewent b/c I was afraid that it would get me sued:

a. A jar that would deliver a shock every time someone tried to open it to get at my cheese -- Cybele.

b. A set mouse trap inside the bag of string cheese -- Sebrina.

c. Inserting a non-toxic chemical into the cheese that would turn the eaters pee blue -- Brian's mom (who, yes, used to be a chemical engineer).

Here's the advice that I forewent, b/c it was too much work:

a. Getting a refrigerator for my office -- CH and Monique

b. Writing an angry note and taping it to the bag of cheese -- Don't Remember Who

And here's the advice that I actually took:

Putting the cheese in a brown paper bag -- CH and Someone Else (I think maybe Debra???)

I'll let you know if this tactic works out.


That all said, here's a picture of a 2AD bust that looks like Elvis. Courtesy of boing boing. Freaky, right! Click on the pic for the full link.


No comments: