Thursday, July 10, 2008

TV on the Radio

So, as many of you know, I am obsessed with TV on the Radio, and actually paid money to see them last year and even bought a sweatshirt for 25 bucks afterwards, which is now my favorite sweatshirt of all time, and the answer to the Jeopardy question, "What is Ernessa T. Carter most likely to be seen in on winter weekends when she has no place to go and/or be seen?"

This obsession can be broken down in the following way:
  • 50% because they're a beyond kick-ass band.
  • 25% because they're a mostly black, nerdy glasses-wearing, trip-hop, spaced-out urban phenomenon, that actually produce music as cool as they look.
  • 20% because CH and I saw the teddy-bear-looking one with the the Afro at the ArcLight, and he was both taller and cooler than he looks on camera. So celebrity sighting worth talking about.
  • And 5% because if I were a man, I really do think that I'd look exactly like the lead singer of this band, Tunde Adebimbe. Well, maybe not exactly like him, but enough, that I harbor serious affection.

Anyway, I finally got around to looking up a lyric from their song "Dreams," which has been troubling me for some time now.

Now I thought the lyrics to the best chorus in the song were:

I know your heart can't beat
What your eyes can't see
But you were my favorite moment
Of the tenth century


I know your heart can't beat
What your eyes can't see
But you were my favorite moment
Of the tenth century

Which while lovely, kind of doesn't make any sense. So almost 2 years later, I looked up the actual lyrics:
I know your heart can't grieve
What your eyes won't see
But you were my favorite moment
Of our dead century

I know your heart can't grieve
What your eyes won't see
But you were my favorite moment
Of our dead century

So that's my TV on the Radio PSA...

See the low-budge and badly-lit-even-if-they're-going-for-effect video below.

No comments: