Saturday, July 26, 2008

Out for the Weekend

Huh-loo Darlings,

With great plans, come great heaps of work, and I'm starting to get extremely anxious about everything that needs to be done over the next few months. So I've decided to put my nose to the grindstone and suspend weekend blogging until further notice.

But while I'm gone, read this article about a new overbearing breed of sleep away camp parents. Apparently, these people have taken to trying to get their kids' bunks reassigned, making ridiculous requests, giving their kids secret cellphones, and even visiting their kids at camp. 

From ages 7 to 14, my mother sent both my sister and me away to 2-week sleep-away camp every single summer. And every summer, without fail, she scheduled her summer vacation days for while we were away at camp. 

So I can't even fathom this type of parent. 

Do we think parents are becoming too overbearing, or is it the right of every parent to be this fiercely protective of their children? Also, don't parents need breaks from their children anymore? Has family time-off gone out of fashion? 

Read about the clingy camp parents here.


No comments: