Thursday, July 31, 2008

How About a Nice Firm Handshake?

Listen...

3 of my Top 5 movies are gritty to the bone...

My name before and after I got married was Ernessa T. Carter...

I went to a feminist college...

My next book revolves around an all-woman gang...

And I only have four words to say about the upcoming Disney movie which features the mouse's first ever black princess:

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Check it out the teaser trailer:



Not sure about the toothless firefly, but...

I just love that it's 2-D. It’s like they’re going back in time and giving us the black Disney Princess that we actually wanted when we were kids. Also, Annika Noni Rose is beyond perfect voice casting as the princess. And I adore the Randy Newman song, the situation, and “how about a nice firm handshake?” Am already thinking about putting together a field trip, so that I can go see it with all of my girlfriends. Can 2009 get here like yesterday?


Also, many thanks to Kyle for letting me know that my favorite black industrial trance navel-gazers, TV on the Radio, will be hitting The Wiltern in Los Angeles and November. And guess what! Guess what! Guess what!
The band also has announced details on the follow-up to 2006’s Return to
Cookie Mountain. Released by Interscope, the new album will be entitled Dear
Science, and will be available Sept. 23.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! My heart is screaming like a little girl at a Jonas Brothers concert. September 23rd needs to come like super-soon. Sooner than soon. Oh, why do I even bother to try to come up with something new? You guys know what I really want to say: September 23rd needs to come YESTERDAY. See the track listing here. Calling that the "Love Dog" track will be brilliant.


I think I'm going to put on my favorite Randy Newman song, "I Love L.A." to celebrate all of this good news.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the trailer. It's not getting great feedback online so far. I haven't seen the film yet, but I hear good things around the building! If you're nice, maybe I'll take you to the wrap party!

Debra